Philips UV-C Mini Chamber
The UV-C disinfection chamber is designed for disinfection of objects for professional, non-medical use. It uses a set of Philips UV-C lamps that offers spectral power within the UV Germicidal Irradiation bandwidth, which effectively inactivates pathogens such as virus, bacteria or fungi within minutes, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The UV-C lamp technology not only uses spectral power most effective against infectious agents, but unlike some solutions in the market, also does not cause any ozone emission that is potentially hazardous to health, making the process chemical free and cause no residue during or after usage. It comes in stainless steel housing and with tempered glass inspection window. The inspection window is a safe way to visually verify that UV-C lamps are functional and the disinfection cycle is in process, as the lamps provide a violet glow in case of operation. It has high reflective coating interior and a woven mesh tray structure to minimize shadowing and maximize UV-C dosage for that effective and fast disinfection.
Operation of the device is simple, only involving use of a timer rotary and a power switch. User can simply open the door, place the object(s) to be sanitized in the designated tray(s), close the door, turn on the power and set the timer to the required disinfection duration as per the recommended disinfection time table found in the user manual. Timer will notify user once the disinfection cycle is complete, so that user can remove the object(s), close the door, and turn off the device.
The UV-C chamber is a risk exempt device that is totally safe to use in an indoor environment as per the instructions in the user manual, comes with safety features built in to avoid any accidental direct exposure to UV-C radiation, including lamp shields to prevent accidental lamp breakage. UV-C disinfection chamber can be safely used for effective sterilization of objects and (shared) devices in numerous indoor applications given that it doesn’t involve medical use.
- Based on the data made available to us by the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL) at Boston University, which will be the subject of a forthcoming scientific publication by Boston University, in a laboratory setting, Signify’s UV-C light sources irradiating the surface of a material inoculated with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes the COVID-19 disease) at a UV-C dose of 5mJ/cm2 (exposure time 6 seconds) resulted in a 99% reduction of the SARSCoV-2 virus present on that surface. The same study determined that a UV-C dose of 22mJ/cm2 results in a reduction of 99.99% of SARS-CoV-2 virus on that surface (exposure time 25 seconds).
- Proven, effective disinfection over the useful long lifetime of lamp and luminaire
- No hazardous ozone emissions during or after use
- Safety features to avoid any accidental direct exposure to UV-C radiation
- Easy to operate
- High reflective inner coating for effective and fast disinfection
- Lamp positioning and woven mesh tray structure optimized to minimize shadowing and maximize UV-C exposure to objects
- Tempered glass inspection window for safe visual access to objects and visual assurance that all the UV-C lamps are operational during disinfection cycle
- Philips TL Mini TUV lamps included and pre-installed
- Shortwave UV radiation peak at 253.7 nm (UVC)
- 2 safety sensor switches behind the chamber door (at the top and bottom), that turn off UV-C lamps in case of accidental door opening during disinfection process
- Complies with all applicable regulations and standards
- Removable middle tray (UVCC200) for disinfection of larger items
- Stainless-Steel chamber with sturdy trays to support heavy items up to 6Kgs
- Retail (especially those allowing trial of products with higher hygiene concerns such as jewelry, make up items, lingerie, glasses, headphones, toys, etc.)
- Schools and universities
- Food courts and restaurants
- Industrial kitchens
- Fitness centers
- Barber shops and Spas
- Pick up points for E-commerce
- Courier service points